Thursday 14 February 2013

Praise You Through Pain


My eyes are the window to my soul,
That’s why I chose to keep mine closed,
You said you wanted to get to know me,
But then the truth would unfold
Before I would let this stop me…
The lies of the enemy and
The judgment of Christians
Not accepting me because I was different
I will not say that I didn’t have a coice,
But the constant discouragement finally
Stuffed out my voice
I chose isolation,
Tried running from my sin and shame
It was too much
I could no longer handle the pain
My mind was engulfed in war, nothing I did helped
I know now that God protected me
According to some, I wasn’t fighting hard enough
But they never lived one moment in my head
I never had a second of peace,
Emotion and moods constantly overwhelmed me…
Depression is real
The battle was raging on and my life was at stake
I did my best to choose life, stay focused and pray
Of course I had been told…If I was on track,
If I was in line with God’s will, it would all go away
But I realized that my depression is real
Through Mercy it became clear that needing help is okay
My transparency has scared so many
But God has called me to be bold
I will not be ashamed
But will praise God for healing
For medication that works
Some disagree, but Im telling you in my mind there is peace
I finally have a choice
No longer will I let anyone/anything
Snuff out my voice

No comments:

Post a Comment